Please check our Google Calendar for upcoming events by clicking here!
Pet Sitters & Kennels
Here are some of the pet sitters, dog walkers, dog trainers & kennels that we use and recommend. Please be sure to tell them that LaunderPet sent you!
Alpha Pet Care
Creature's of Habit
DogPACT (People and Animals Communicating Together)
DogPACT is a full-service behavioral training company located in Long Beach, California. DogPACT was founded in 1996 by Terry Long, CPDT-KA, an accomplished trainer and winner of a 2006 Dog Writers of America Maxwell Award.
Mar Mel Inn
We use and recommend PRIMARY CARE ANIMAL HOSPITAL. Ask for their new client special! For more info, call them at 562-274-7776 or click HERE.
Blue Cross Veterinary Hospital has a nice, indoor, climate controlled boarding facility. Give them a call at 562-494-0975 or click HERE.
We also recommend Bixby Animal Hospital. Phone: 562-426-2066.
For after hours emergency service, we recommend Long Beach Animal Emergency. Phone: 562-735-5200.
Unemployment Pet Grooming
We provided free grooming services valued at $4,521 in 2010, $4,165 in 2011 and $5,879 in 2012!
Are you unemployed and looking for work? Do you know a dog or cat lover who is?
In the spirit of helping others, LaunderPet offers a special program to help unemployed dog and cat lovers who are looking for work and need pet grooming services.
LaunderPet's program is called Unemployment Pet Grooming and it was inspired by New York City salon owner Cristiano Cora who is providing one free unemployment haircut per day to any customer who is unemployed and looking for a job. Here's how the program works at all LaunderPet stores:
1. The program started on February 8, 2010 and is available Monday through Friday at Belmont and Seal and Tuesday through Friday at Bixby (as Bixby is closed on Mondays). The program is available to (i) current full-service grooming customers (regardless of city of residence) and (ii) new customers (who live in Lakewood, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Seal Beach & Signal Hill). The program is not available at our Los Altos store (Wags to Whiskers).
2. One Unemployment Pet Grooming appointment is available at each store at 9:15 a.m. on each program day (Monday through Friday at Belmont and Seal and Tuesday through Friday at Bixby). Please book these special appointments in advance and kindly cancel your appointment if you start a new job prior to the date of your appointment (so that we can make your special appointment available to another job-hunter).
3. Each Unemployment Pet Grooming appointment is good for one free bath/brush service (no haircuts) performed by one of our bather/finisher employees. Exclusions: Teeth brushing, massages, facials, Advantage & Frontline are available at regular prices.
4. A customer with multiple pets can book one “Unemployment Pet Grooming” appointment per week. Only one “Unemployment Pet Grooming” appointment is allowed for EACH PET in any 8 week period.
5. At check-in, the customer must show his/her picture ID and his/her current unemployment check stub/statement (dated within one month of the appointment date and in compliance with the city of residence rules stated in item 1. above).
6. At check-out, we will "ring-up" the bath/brush service at a price of zero and any extra services at regular price.
7. As always, we reserve the right to refuse service for pets that, in our opinion, cannot be groomed safely due to temperament and/or condition. Safety first for pets and groomers at LaunderPet! In addition, LaunderPet reserves the right to modify this program at any time without further notice. Thanks for shopping at LaunderPet!
Help us spread the word about this special program! To find LaunderPet on Facebook, click one of the links at the top of this page (there is a separate Facebook link for each store) and then click "Like". You can keep in touch with LaunderPet and post pictures of your pets, too!
Thank you for choosing LaunderPet!